Mission: To promote health and build resilience for Warriors, Military Families, and those entrusted in our care.
Vision: We are a premier Patient Centered Medical Home. Our legendary customer service, delivered by a well developed workforce, makes us the first choice for care.
Our Values: Teamwork, transparency, accountability, efficiency, evidence-based,, compassionate, empathetic, customer-focused, trustworthy.
THIRD DOSE OF COVID-19 VACCINE AVAILABLE FOR IMMUNOCOMPROMISED INDIVIDUALS
The CDC is recommending that people whose immune systems are immunocompromised moderately to severely receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days after a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. People who have weakened immune systems are more at risk of serious, prolonged illness. CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
Effective August 26, Barquist AHC is administering an additional dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for immunocompromised beneficiaries based on the following criteria:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for solid tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active daily treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e. prednisone 20 mg or equivalent) or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/.../vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html
If you have additional questions or feel you meet criteria, but your condition is not listed, please contact your provider team by calling (301) 619-7175.
TO RECEIVE THE ADDITIONAL DOSE or to receive your first dose:
Appointments can be obtained on TRICARE Online or by calling the appointment line at (301) 619-7175.
Vaccine Hours: Thursday mornings, 0800-1200, Barquist Army Health Clinic, 1434 Porter St., Fort Detrick, MD